I love recipes like this one. It’s simple. It’s tasty. It’s people pleasing. And you probably have everything you need for it in your kitchen right now! Whip up something warm and yummy for the whole family on a busy week night & feel like a superhero!
I like to cook this one up in a big pot, or a deep skillet. Even better only one pan is needed, so clean up is a breeze. Less dishes is always a big, fat WIN in my book! Customize this recipe to your tastes, pick your favorite salsa, add in only what your family loves. So simple, you will want it on your dinner menu every week!
Original Recipe Source: Betty Crocker
Salsa, Bean, & Beef Skillet
Prep: 10 mins | Cook: 20 mins | Total: 30 mins | 4 servings
(print this recipe)
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 cup salsa, any kind
- 1 cup uncooked elbow noodles
- 1 cup water
- 1 can of beans, drained (chili, red kidney, OR black beans)
- 1 can (8 oz) tomato sauce (I use pasta sauce)
- 2 ½ tsp chili powder (optional)
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Optional: side of tortilla chips
- Brown ground beef in large deep skillet or pot.
- Drain beef & remove to a plate.
- Add all ingredients, except for cheese, bring to a boil
- Reduce heat to a simmer & add beef back in.
- Cover, and simmer about 15 minutes until noodles are tender.
- Serve sprinkled with cheese and a side of tortilla chips.
- A twist on grandma’s goulash, with a taco taste. Kids love it and the added crunch of the chips is a perfect add on.
- You can use any kind of pasta shape, have fun with it.
- Vegetarian? Skip the beef, add in corn! Just as hardy and delicious.
Like this post? Use the buttons below to share with your friends or print for your kitchen with the PDF link above. Don’t forget to comment and tell me if you tried this out!