I love finding ridiculously easy meals that my family loves. Who doesn’t? It’s pretty much what this blog is based on. My kids are slowly finding out that there are foods they refuse to eat, and Hubbs has always been “sure of what he likes.” Making my job in the kitchen a full time one! I don’t often try new recipes, but some nights I am in a pinch and want to just do something quick. Google usually comes up with a few gems in my last hour of need. This one turned out to be a winner.
I had already tested an easy, yeast less, pizza dough so this recipe seemed like a cinch. Now I am glad to added to my list of regulars, what I call VIP recipes. Best part is that it is so versatile and easy to personalize. So when Big E says “I DON’T LIKE PEPPERONI” I can easily appease the picky palates. It’s also a great recipe to get the kids used to helping in the kitchen, stuffing your own stromboli is a family affair in my house. Plus, the kids are kinda cute when they are covered in flour.
Original Recipe: Food Network
Prep: 15 mins | Cook: 20 mins | Total: 35 mins | 4-6 servings
(printable recipe here)
1 pizza crust (recipe here)
2 Tbsp flour
1/4 lb pepperoni
4 slices provolone
6 slices ham
8 slices salami
2 Tbsp olive oil
2 Tbsp sesame seeds
2 tsp Italian seasonings
2 Tbsp Parmesan cheese
1 tsp red pepper flake
1 tsp garlic powder
pizza sauce for dipping
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Flour surface and roll out dough and stretch into a rectangle. Cut into 4 rectangles.
- Layer each rectangle; 6 slices of pepperoni, 1 slice of cheese, 1 1/2 ham slices, and 2 slice salami.
- Start at one corner and roll to meet other corner, middle should be thick. Fold ends under to seal.
- Smooth olive oil over the top of each.
- Mix together topping seasonings and sprinkle on to oiled Stromboli.
- Bake 18-30 minutes until top are golden brown.
- Slice in half, allow time to cool. Serve with pizza sauce for dipping.
- I love that these are simple enough to really “stuff” with anything you have on hand.
- Last minute meal, I only had mozzarella cheese sticks & pepperoni… Pizza crust recipe and they were instant pizza sticks!
- Do not overcook; crust will dry out when overcooked!
- Let the kids fill their own Stromboli with which ever items they like best.