You know those nights.
The nights when all you really want is to…
You don’t want to think about it.
And you don’t want it to come out of a box… with a side of guilt.
We all want that meal, where you feel like super mom! It tastes good… your husband says he loves it… everyone eats it… & you didn’t spend the entire night over the stove making it. That’s all we every want at the end of a crazy day, right??
This recipe is crazy easy, tastes great, & totally fool proof. (Mainly because I already messed it up enough to tell you exactly what NOT to do!) And definitely no “out of a box” guilt feeling with this one. So easy and so delish, and one of my Hubbs’ VIP dishes so it gets made a lot in our house!
You probably just want me to cut to the chase, huh?
Original Recipe: Food.com
Spicy Sausage Hash
Prep: 10 mins | Cook: 35 mins | Total: 45 mins
(printable recipe here)
1/2 bag of frozen cubed hashbrown potatoes
1 medium onion
2 Andouille sausages, quartered & diced
1/4 c red bell pepper, diced
1/4 c green bell pepper, diced
2 c frozen corn
salt & pepper
- Over medium heat, cook onions with potatoes according to package directions.
- Add sausage, peppers, & corn – season with salt and pepper.
- Cook until entire dish is warm and sausage is browned, about 5-10 minutes.
- This dish is simple and easy. I found the sausage to have so much spice and flavor that there really is no need to add anything else.
- This can easily be doubled for more adults, this recipe is perfect for my family (2 adults, 2 toddlers.)
So simple! Who knew that dinner could be hot, ready, and on the table – and yet you didn’t break a sweat… Enjoy this moment!