This post is a bit of a double feature, a two for the price of one deal! I tried out this fantastic Crockpot recipe a few months back, and at the same time I was testing out how I might be able to start using YouTube. The one major social media outlet that I hadn’t really ventured into yet. So with all of that in mind, I made a quick video of what I was testing out for dinner… these Crockpot Chicken Fajitas. And let me tell you it was a HIT in my house for dinner. But let’s back up for just a minute…
My friends, as for most people, are some of my biggest supporters. They are there for every big moment of my life, and are my first sounding board whenever I want to try something new. So when one of my besties repeatedly told me that I should start a YouTube channel, I finally took her up on it. It’s really strange to start a new social media you know nothing about, but I was willing to test it out.
In my trial and error, I posted an “introduction” video of sorts. Just shooting from my iPhone on a Sunday afternoon. After learning how I could edit and compile a quick video I thought I should do one with a recipe. Since that is mostly what I post about on my blog.
This recipe came about after watching a “dump it all together” short video post on Facebook. And I had been trying to find a great fajita recipe, since everything I have tried in the past got a big thumbs down. Of course the idea of tossing everything in the Crockpot seemed like a good bet that my family would probably eat it. And since I can’t seem to find time to sit and write, I put the recipe into a video. Watch it below, but also know I have it spelled out here AND there is always a clickable & printable version within the recipe information at the top of every recipe.
Click play to watch below & click here to subscribe to my channel!
Original Recipe: Tasty.com
Crockpot Chicken Fajitas
Prep: 15 mins | Cook: ~3 hours | Total: 3h 15m
2 lbs of boneless, skinless chicken
2 peppers, thin slices
1 onion, thin slices
2 Tbsp Taco Seasoning
4 cloves of garlic
1 can Rotel tomatoes, or regular diced tomatoes
Serve with taco toppings and tortillas.
- Place about 1 pepper on the bottom of the crockpot.
- Add half of the onion slices on top of that.
- Lay your chicken pieces on top, season with 1Tbsp of the taco seasoning. FLIP chicken & season the other side with the remaining 1 Tbsp taco seasoning.
- Add the garlic & squeeze the juice from half of a lime.
- Add in can of rotel tomatoes.
- Top with the remaining pepper and onion slices.
- Squeeze the last half of the lime.
- Set on high for 3 hours. After cooking 3 hours, removed chicken and slice up. Add the chicken back into the crockpot, toss everything together and allow to cook for about 10 more minutes.
- Serve in tortillas with your favorite taco toppings.
- Use any combination of color peppers you wish. I used orange, yellow and green for mine.
- Taco seasoning is SUPER easy to make yourself and I love having a baby food jar of it for recipes like this that won’t use an entire packet. Plus you omit a lot of salt when you are able to make it yourself.
- Any type of diced tomatoes work, but I loved the rotel version. This recipe is just as good without tomatoes at all, just in case you have picky eaters!