This post may contain affiliate links, read more about what that means here.
This post is a bit of a double feature, a two for the price of one deal! I tried out this fantastic Crockpot recipe a few months back, and at the same time I was testing out how I might be able to start using YouTube. The one major social media outlet that I hadn’t really ventured into yet. So with all of that in mind, I made a quick video of what I was testing out for dinner… these Crockpot Chicken Fajitas. And let me tell you it was a HIT in my house for dinner. But let’s back up for just a minute…
My friends, as for most people, are some of my biggest supporters. They are there for every big moment of my life, and are my first sounding board whenever I want to try something new. So when one of my besties repeatedly told me that I should start a YouTube channel, I finally took her up on it. It’s really strange to start a new social media you know nothing about, but I was willing to test it out.
In my trial and error, I posted an “introduction” video of sorts. Just shooting from my iPhone on a Sunday afternoon. After learning how I could edit and compile a quick video I thought I should do one with a recipe. Since that is mostly what I post about on my blog.
This recipe came about after watching a “dump it all together” short video post on Facebook. And I had been trying to find a great fajita recipe, since everything I have tried in the past got a big thumbs down. Of course the idea of tossing everything in the Crockpot seemed like a good bet that my family would probably eat it. And since I can’t seem to find time to sit and write, I put the recipe into a video. Watch it below, but also know I have it spelled out here AND there is always a clickable & printable version within the recipe information at the top of every recipe.
Click play to watch below & click here to subscribe to my channel!
Original Recipe: Tasty.com
Crockpot Chicken Fajitas
Prep: 15 mins | Cook: ~3 hours | Total: 3 hours 15 mins
8 Servings | 170 calories (crockpot contents only)
(printable recipe here)
2 lbs of boneless, skinless chicken
2 peppers, thin slices
1 onion, thin slices
2 Tbsp Taco Seasoning
4 cloves of garlic
1 can Rotel tomatoes, or regular diced tomatoes
Serve with taco toppings and tortillas.
- Place about 1 pepper on the bottom of the crockpot.
- Add half of the onion slices on top of that.
- Lay your chicken pieces on top, season with 1Tbsp of the taco seasoning. FLIP chicken & season the other side with the remaining 1 Tbsp taco seasoning.
- Add the garlic & squeeze the juice from half of a lime.
- Add in can of rotel tomatoes.
- Top with the remaining pepper and onion slices.
- Squeeze the last half of the lime.
- Set on high for 3 hours. After cooking 3 hours, removed chicken and slice up. Add the chicken back into the crockpot, toss everything together and allow to cook for about 10 more minutes.
- Serve in tortillas with your favorite taco toppings.
- Use any combination of color peppers you wish. I used orange, yellow and green for mine.
- Taco seasoning is SUPER easy to make yourself and I love having a baby food jar of it for recipes like this that won’t use an entire packet. Plus you omit a lot of salt when you are able to make it yourself.
- Any type of diced tomatoes work, but I loved the rotel version. This recipe is just as good without tomatoes at all, just in case you have picky eaters!
Love this? Tried it? Share your meal photos on my Facebook page, tag them on Instagram & Twitter with #MadeByMeggs or even comment below! I’d love to see what you enjoy! Don’t forget to check out more of what inspires me on Pinterest. xoxo Meggs
*Affiliate links: By clicking a link and making a purchase at Amazon.com you are helping support my family and for that I am grateful to you!*