This post may contain affiliate links, read more about what that means here.
So my family has a sweet spot for pizza. We probably have it once every week or maybe every two weeks. Which can add up in the family budget pretty quickly. So I turned to my pal Google & asked for a quick pizza dough I could do NOW. Let’s face it, no one wants to mess around with yeast… rising… waiting… thinking ahead… HA I know I am usually rushing into the kitchen full speed at 4 o’clock without a plan, hoping a dinner idea will just jump out at me!This is how I found this ridiculously easy and quick pizza dough recipe. And as fortune would have it, all the ingredients were right in my pantry. PHEW! Mark a win down for mom tonight!! Not only was it easy, and perfect in a pinch but delicious! I later went on to use this same dough recipe in another recipe I found online for a quick Stromboli .(I’ll share that recipe soon!) AND if you read the comments on the original recipe, others went on to make bread sticks & those amazing “cinnasticks” you can get for dessert at the pricey take out place, with this dough!
BONUS mom points, if you can get your kids to “make their own pizza.” It might sound like more work before dinner, but odds are if the kids have a hand in helping make dinner (any dinner) they are more likely to then EAT IT! So make sure you click the “printable recipe here” link below (find it under the title information) and save this recipe. Because there is nothing better than having a go-to dough recipe on hand, when you need it!
Original Recipe: Cooks.com
Ready NOW Pizza Dough
Prep: 5 mins | Cook: ~25 mins | Total: 30 mins
8 Servings | 158 calories (dough only)
(printable recipe here)
2 1/2 cups flour
2 3/4 tsp baking powder *See Tips below
1 tsp. salt
1 Tbsp oil
3/4 to 1 cups water
- Mix dry ingredients in a bowl first, then add in water (I start with 3/4 cup and add more later if needed) and oil.
- Stir until ball of dough forms. It should be soft but not sticky. Add more water if needed.
- On a well floured flat surface, knead the dough for about 3-4 mins.
- Roll dough out on to a pan.
- Bake at 400° for 5 minutes.
- Add sauce and desired toppings, bake for an additional 15-20 minutes.
- If you care to use baking SODA instead of baking POWDER — use half (1 1 /4 tsp) and omit the salt.
- This dough is not just great for pizza! Make bread sticks, sweet cinnamon sticks, calzones, or Stromboli (recipe coming soon!).
Love this? Tried it? Share your meal photos on my Facebook page, tag them on Instagram & Twitter with #MadeByMeggs or even comment below! I’d love to see what you enjoy! Don’t forget to check out more of what inspires me on Pinterest. xoxo Meggs
*Affiliate links: By clicking a link and making a purchase at Amazon.com you are helping support my family and for that I am grateful to you!*